Sunday, September 09, 2007

Another Sunday. . .


Well, here I sit for a moment while my youngest is happily sleeping (thank the Lord) and my oldest is playing outside with one of the guys that live in out basement. I was thinking today as we all sat around and ate lunch about how much of my life growing up was spent around other college and high school students from church. I have many memories with older people, talking, laughing, playing and learning about the heart of God from them. It's amazing to see that now my own children are in about the same place. Benjamin loves to play downstairs in the basement, so much in fact that I have to restrict his time! "No honey, 7:15 in the morning is too early to go downstairs. They are all still asleep." (As are most 21-25 year old men on a Saturday) Nonetheless, any opportunity he gets he will take it and enjoy it. The Lord uses community, marriage, family, and friends to teach us about himself. I am sure that when he collected the nation of Israel together and then into tribes, it wasn't just for organizational sakes. It was to show them how to love and care for eachother through all things. There is real merit to needing "a village" to raise your kids. I guess we'll just make one for ourselves out here on the acres! By the way, this is a picture of Benjamin and our Canadian friend who loves Jesus in the night hours- Andrew Steinke!

2 comments:

  1. and ps- that was Candace- not Jack.
    Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Lydia blogging it up! I love it! And I love the Harrigan Commune.
    :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete