Sunday, September 16, 2007

Well, here's to the firsts

This week has been a collection of firsts. I love how my friend Candace looks for something valuable in every day, blogging forces us to sit back and really evaluate what we spend our time doing. Well, today we went to the IHOP community picnic. Once a year, the whole group attempts to get together at a park for lunch, games, and fellowship. It's hard in a place like this where every other activity tends to be focused on a prayer room, where you can't talk. Hmmmm. However, today was fun. John was on his way home from Kentucky where he has been teaching this weekend, and Andrew (from the basement) went with me and the boys to the gathering. It was great fun and Benjamin had his first encounter with a drum circle. We watched for a while, left to play on the playground, but when we came back by he had to stop. When given the chance, he jumped on it and drummed and danced for quite some time. I'm reminded of the heart the Lord has given Benjamin for music and I can't wait to see how that grows in his precious spirit.

Now, Samuel has not had many posts (poor second child) and for that I apologize. Though this may be old news to some of you we have mastered the art of sitting. He loves to be on the floor, preferably close to his brother, with some toys at hand and he will sit and play for quite some time. It's a great stage and he has so much fun being able to see everything. He is still fighting against sleeping, but this too shall pass. He is such a fiery little one, I know it will only be one of many things that he and I will disagree about. Nonetheless, he will speak the heart of God with passion and fire and I can't wait to see that!

3 comments:

  1. How cute is little Samuel! And I can just see Benjamin jamming and dancing
    with those drums. How fun! We love
    you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog on Harrigans! I love getting to catch up on the details of your days. We love you guys. The boys are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that Lee linked your blog from our sight! I don't get on the computer much these days, as it means a trek to the library. Anyway, you're a natural blogger, Lydia!!
    love you all,
    Korrie

    ReplyDelete