Saturday, December 08, 2007

Has it been that long?

Okay, so naturally I have very little time to write anything tonight. In the last week, we have painted almost every surface in our home. Not really, just the trim and all the walls, but still. It's a lot and I am about ready to be done. In the off moments, I have been intentionally seeking the Lord about this new found deisre that I have. I have been at church the last several weeks and left with an intense desire to be a part of funding the kingdom. Giving away more money that we have ever seen to empower people around the world to minister in the name of Christ. To do what they have been called to do. It's a powerful and very new desire for me. I have always figured that I would be the poor one, receiving what the Lord was giving to everyone else. All of the sudden the tables have changed. I am now spending this month praying over two passages, the wife of noble character in proverbs 31 and the two verses about the new testament lydia, acts 16: 14-16. Both are really very interesting. In proverbs it talks at length about the wife taking care of the people around her, feeding them, clothing them, making sure that physical needs are met to insure that her husband and children, and even servants, could do what it was the Lord had called them to do. Well, that's pretty cool. Then as I was sitting in BSF (bible study fellowship, really cool by the way) this week, surrounded by recent and new friends, I began reading about "lydia" (okay, so i wasn't totally paying attention to the lecture, but it was good, i clued in later). Anyway, it basically says three things about her. She was a seller of purple cloth (i.e. she made enough money to provide for her family as purple was the color of royalty). Secondly, she was a worshipper of God. (I am trying out to sing on a worship team Monday at 2:00) And finally, she invited people into her home in support them and show them the love of God. She was even persuasive in convincing them to stay with her. I don't know how that sounds to you, but to me, these are the three things the Lord is doing right now in my life. He is opening the doors of business, or at least working in my heart about it. He is put in my heart a desire to worship him, and soon in a place of leadership. And he is using my home, even now more than ever as a testimony to His love and His heart for us. He is bringing people to my doorstep that want an encounter with the Lord as much as I do. He is encouraging them in my home. What an amazing God we serve! So, all that to say, 2008 is a new year, one of new beginnings, let's see what the Lord has in store for the Harrigans!

5 comments:

  1. I am excited about what you've written! In fact, I'm smiling and I have goose bumps. I can't wait to see what God continues to do with you. We love you, amazing friends of ours.

    The Rupps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take that administrative gift and run with it! Love you!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new pics, Harrigans!
    So quintessential... Except for John. I don't know that I've ever seen the polo-type shirt vs. the long sleeved button down...
    But they were great. Love those Harrigans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much LOVE Harrigans!

    I agree with Jack, who's the guy in the polo shirt?

    drupp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys,
    Love the new pictures! They are great!
    Love you,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete