Sunday, April 06, 2008

Church this morning. . .

We had a great service this morning. Well, at least I am pretty sure we did. Samuel attempted to go to his class for the second time and we just didn't make it more than about 10 minutes. I must say, I love that I go to a church that calls the mommies. There are at least 5-10 mommy numbers that pop up on the screen every week and it makes me feel much better to leave my children in hands that understand the power of the mommy. I call it the mommy factor. We didn't really see this factor come out in Benjamin, more often than not we still see the daddy factor in our eldest. But not in sweet Samuel. Sometimes no one else can ail the saddened heart. No one else can make it better, and for some reason, no one else can understand how sad he is except for mommy. I know, I'm the last to admit it, but I love my boys more than life. I always thought that mommies with crying babies had it the hardest. I am beginning to see that there is something powerful in the connection I have with my son. I have envied after that connection between Benjamin and John. I have loved watching it grow and develop. I can't wait to see how Samuel and I grow in love as he grows into boyhood. But for now, I will take him back into church with me, sit eating peanut butter crackers, and know that for the moment, Mommy was able to make all things in the world right again. Someday this too will pass and hopefully he will cling to the One who will truly make all things in the world right.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... that is sooooo sweet.
    Love that last pic. And love that little boy. And that mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete