Okay, so I know. Benjamin has HUGE hands and you're not really supposed to let your 18mos old son eat shaving cream. It will prepare him for all the fights to come (props to Sarah, Greg, and Keith!). Nonetheless, I thought my little ones were quite cute and I thought you might enjoy them too. Sometimes we need a reminder. This week has been nothing short of interesting, but at times all the way crazy and as a mother, we begin to lose track of what's important. (not their cuteness, that is) I have a little one who has found his will (quite strong about quite silly things) and an older one who has forgotten all he ever learned about obeying his parents, following directions, and simple kindness in his demands. Sometimes, I'm not at all sure what I am doing in my mothering, and I am reminded so clearly of our Father in heaven. He is looking on us as His own children. One's whose will is quite strong about quite silly things, and ones who often adamantly "forget" what it means to listen to and obey the heart of the Father (willingly I might point out). I was also reminded that He is truly the Father of my children. He made them the way he did, he is shaping them in their few years thus far. He is faithful to meet them and me as we seek to find him. Be with us Lord, in this simple house, doing this simple thing every day, continuing to look to you.
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. . . . Many, o Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you plan for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40: 1, 5
ummm.... did they just want to play in the shaving cream?
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lydia, from one mom to another.
ReplyDeleteI love you.
Kayla
Love it. Lord, help us in this simple and small- that our simple and small may add up unto righteousness.
ReplyDelete