(if you can't hear, Samuel is saying cheese instead of jumping!)
Okay, so today I went to work-out (yes, me) and then to the prayer room. Thanks to our dear friend Andrew, I got to do it all alone! You all know the depth of my love for sweet Samuel, but my guess is that unless you have had one like him, you wouldn't understand the importance of leaving him with someone that HE loves. You see, with my eldest, even if he didn't like the situation at first, he adjusted fairly quickly and enjoyed h imself eventually. Samuel however, most times will not adjust himself quite as quickly and sometimes is still upset when I come back for him. To break a mother's heart. . . this is what I lament over. I want to help him grow into this, help him overcome it, and yet, to leave him is pain on my heart and his. Nonetheless, as I came home this morning, I found him running down the hall (he didn't even stop to say hello to me) and into the living room. The boys had set up a lovely assortment of pillows for just this purpose.
On a side note, I have started reading "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. A friend of mine up here, mentioned that as I am married to one and am raising two men, it would be a good read. Well, a chapter in and I am convinced. Not that girls are all weak and shallow and should play tea parties in pretty dresses, or that men are looking wanting to be strong and dominating and shoot things. But I am convinced that in the formation of man and woman things were made differently. And that my boys have a innate desire to explore, conquer, and believe they are a part of something bigger than themselves-- even if it's just a pile of pillows these days. I pray they will know that they are a part of a much bigger picture and the God who made them in His image, also made them to be ready to love deeply an d fight mightily for it. Thank you Jesus!
Samuel looks so big!!! I can't believe it! So big boy. Wow.
ReplyDeleteugh! I was just thinking the same thing.that picture of him smiling is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys have andrew! since your family is not there to take care of your babies i guess he is a good stand in!