Monday, October 06, 2008

Just for Gigi. . . .

I don't know if you can see them very well, but we looked out the back window at dinner the other night and caught these two sitting on our now not-so-alive (i.e. dead) tomato plant. I was thinking about my dear Grandmother and her love for most things natural. She often points out to me and my sons the birds that make their various appearances around this place. I am also so grateful for her knowledge and experience in all things plant-like. She has taken the time to teach me about flowers and vegetables alike. Her experience in such things is a lost art and I only hope to continue in such things as the Lord is willing and Gigi is able. It's an honor to have such amazing grandparents and great-grands in our family. What a heritage of love for Jesus that cannot be falsified or quantified. It is wonderful and I am humbled to be but a part of it.

p.s. I will also give a valuable shout-out to the wonderful art of quilting that my great aunt, Gigi's twin sister, has so amazingly mastered. Though I have yet to even attempt such greatness, it is another of the skills that the generations are losing if we aren't intentional about learning them. Aunt Bobbye, are you ready to start giving lessons? I better start now, it will take me a LONG time to catch up.

2 comments:

  1. I was caught off guard by the new look...... how's the garden going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I suppose, the deer haven't yet eaten the lettuce and spinach and it tastes great!

    ReplyDelete