Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life as normal resumes. . . . .

Well, it seems that life is returning to normal and I am getting some needed perspective. I am paying bills, making cookies for Community Dinners, coloring with my son, and learning about life in general. You know how that is?? I have these mommy moments where there are a hundred other things going on, I am totally multi-tasking, feeling really productive, and the Lord strikes my heart with a truth beyond all belief. I am stunned and stilled all at the same time. I have to sit for a moment and actually think about it (for if you multi-task like I do, none of the tasks require any thought). So here I am, having a moment. . .



This morning at church the team that went to Myanmar in December shared about their experiences. (Myanmar had a massive cyclone devastate the land and people in May 2008 and the government would not allow foreign agencies to deliver relief aid) As usual, my sweet Samuel refused to go to class and screamed about it until we came back to get him. He spent the rest of the service switching between mine and John's laps. The team shared about the closed state of this nation, the inability of foreign missionaries to come for the last 40-50 years. They shared about the doors the Lord has opened through a Burmese missionary who is on staff here at IHOP-KC. They shared about the people, their heart to see truth, their desire for shelter, boats, homes, schools, and CHURCHES. They showed pictures of churches being built with money donated from this place and riding on the prayers prayed by people in these chairs. I suddenly find myself fighting with my son about not writing in daddy's bible, wanting to walk off and find daddy while he's talking loudly during the sermon- and all at once I am crying. Not for myself. Not for my crazy-making son (though that was definitely tear worthy). No, I find myself crying for those in Myanmar who don't know Jesus. I am crying that their hearts, their faces that are ever precious to the Father in heaven, that they they would come to know the true healer of all the wrongs done against them, that they would know their Father in heaven and the Son who is coming to make all things right. Oh Lord, that you would meet them . . . why am I so fortunate?

So, here is my new prayer- I am longing to have Jesus moments all through the day in my house, my van, and even in the prayer room. When the moment comes, and you have an ah-ha in your heart- the Lord has struck something. I don't have them very often, but they come at the oddest moments. I will pray that for all us mothers (and some fathers) who spend our days doing things that seem very disconnected from any missions at all. That the Lord would spark things in our hearts that would draw deep wells of love and desire to see the Father come and his Son known in all places.

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this post???? I love your heart and I love what you've said here. May we all listen for His voice in the grocery store just as much as the prayer closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen sister.... even us non mothers can relate to this.

    ReplyDelete