Friday, March 06, 2009

Happy Birthday My Samuel

Dear Samuel,

I remember so well the day you were born, it is filled with immeasurable joy. You didn't want to come out quickly or easily, but you made it. They immediately placed you in my arms and I didn't let go (except for your daddy) for two days. You were perfect. You were beautiful. I never understood how the Father could love us all the best, and yet all of the sudden I loved you and your brother the best. You still are amazing. I look at you today as you are two and I cannot imagine life without you. Your smile is precious, your laugh is contagious and your words are thrilling. You love wholly, you run fully, you sing loudly, and you trust cautiously. You are sensitive, yet strong. What an amazing combination.

You see, you are a testimony of the healing power of the Lord. You got sick and had to stay in the hospital. The Lord healed your brain and your body. He has such plans for you, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you." (Jer. 29:11) You are growing so much and I am amazed at how the Lord is redeeming you, and today you are still a testimony to His complete healing. I will look to Him as your parent, you creator, and your protector. I only get to stand on the sidelines and watch. He has spoken about how you will know the Lord from an early age, how you will be raised in the house of the Lord. How, like the Prophet Samuel, you will hear from the Lord and speak to the nations. How you will lead others to see him as well. You have already shown me the heart of the Father over and over, thank you. I love you with my all and may we grow even more in the days to come.

Mommy



Thank you Father for this one, He is more precious to you than me. So thank you for knowing him. May we only grow in love together as the days pass.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet Samuel!!!!
    We love you so much!!!!
    You have been given an amazing testimony. The Lord certainly has great things in store for you, little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and a happy birthday from the Harper house, too! (glad I caught this one on the day of!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet boy!

    you just made me cry a little bit remembering all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ya, I will be calling you soon to talk about a spring break visit!!

    ReplyDelete