So we rode in the car all afternoon coming back from Northwest Arkansas, I went to the small group that I lead and no one came, IT IS SNOWING AGAIN, and I would love to sit here and complain. And yet, I am so clearly reminded of all that I have. I am looking around, seeing pictures of my sweet boys and reminded of the woman this morning who turned around after church and told me how well behaved they were. I hear the recorded bible behind me and am reminded of the amazing husband the Lord has partnered to me, one who values the spoken word of God, understanding it's importance in our lives. I am reminded of the wonderful time spent with my family this weekend- loving, spoiling grand and great-grandparents, and AWESOME sister, new shoes, a fantastic high school play (Bye, Bye, Birdie), wonderful long-term friends, and a very warm and sunny Saturday afternoon with a cute beagle puppy. I think sometimes it's really easy for me to get really caught up in the cares and woes that seem ever present in my life. I forget to look around me and see what the Lord has done and is doing in my life. Tonight I am making a choice. Despite my circumstance, I am choosing to be grateful. I am choosing to approach this Holy Week with awesome gratitude and holy reverence. I am choosing again, like every day before this one, to seek the Lord with ALL my heart, mind, soul and strength. I am choosing to see myself the way that He sees me. And I am choosing to believe that I will be resurrected with him sometime soon, that I will live FOREVER, just as He does, and that this weekend is simply a reminder of the wonderful things to come!
Living life with this little family, learning how to love God wholly, love people fully, leaning on the cross completely, while awaiting His return.
Sunday, April 05, 2009
I could complain but. . . .
So we rode in the car all afternoon coming back from Northwest Arkansas, I went to the small group that I lead and no one came, IT IS SNOWING AGAIN, and I would love to sit here and complain. And yet, I am so clearly reminded of all that I have. I am looking around, seeing pictures of my sweet boys and reminded of the woman this morning who turned around after church and told me how well behaved they were. I hear the recorded bible behind me and am reminded of the amazing husband the Lord has partnered to me, one who values the spoken word of God, understanding it's importance in our lives. I am reminded of the wonderful time spent with my family this weekend- loving, spoiling grand and great-grandparents, and AWESOME sister, new shoes, a fantastic high school play (Bye, Bye, Birdie), wonderful long-term friends, and a very warm and sunny Saturday afternoon with a cute beagle puppy. I think sometimes it's really easy for me to get really caught up in the cares and woes that seem ever present in my life. I forget to look around me and see what the Lord has done and is doing in my life. Tonight I am making a choice. Despite my circumstance, I am choosing to be grateful. I am choosing to approach this Holy Week with awesome gratitude and holy reverence. I am choosing again, like every day before this one, to seek the Lord with ALL my heart, mind, soul and strength. I am choosing to see myself the way that He sees me. And I am choosing to believe that I will be resurrected with him sometime soon, that I will live FOREVER, just as He does, and that this weekend is simply a reminder of the wonderful things to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe it's snowing!!!! That's crazy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great choice and what wise words, friend. Great post.
PS- I love it when you I get like 4 Lydia comments on my blog. It is so fun to get a whole round. Love it and love you!
PSS- I have been sitting at the computer for way too long trying to get a jump start on these t-shirts for May. I'm not so sure I can pull through. It's way expensive???!!! I need help!!!!
ya, you have a pretty great family. : )
ReplyDeletegood reminder. I need to do the same this week.