
Alright everyone, take a close look. These women are amazing. They are dear to my heart, they are women who seek after the Lord wholly, parent their children fully, and devote themselves to the Lord in ways that spur me on. This is a picture from many moons ago, before there were any children screaming, pregnant bellies bulging, or miles and oceans separating us. We had just started our friendship while our husbands were in seminary and it was one of the first pretty days in spring. Of course, young marrieds that we were, we packed up and met at a park for an afternoon of quiet fun. What a ball, and who would have guessed that five years later we would be knit together, closer than ever, and living so far apart. As time continued, we grew in friendship, as did our husbands, and the first round of children was to come. Right before we left seminary (we were the first to leave Kentucky) we all took a trip together. This was the new stage of our lives and knitted hearts. We would meet once a year, take a thousand pictures, laugh until we cried, eat together, pray until we wept, and meet again the next year. It was and is something more precious to my heart than words can explain (and I usually have all kinds of words to say something!) Here's a pic from that first "reunion:"
That night Benjamin didn't sleep a wink! He was ten months old and Bright was a whole six weeks! What amazing, agonizing fun!
I guess the point is that the Lord unites our hearts to people for a variety of reasons, and I am so grateful that he paired me with these. May we unite again this year, ready to see the Lord together, ready to laugh together, and ready to leave further drawn to the Lord and each other.
Philippians 2:1-2 "If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. "
Love it. And I love you, dear friend. Who knew what would come of this bond of friendship that started way back at Immanuel Baptist Church on Tates Creek Road?
ReplyDeleteDivine appointments, I tell you.
Can't WAIT to meet up again! What fun to see these pics back to back!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the love, and I couldn't agree more. Of all the friends we've had down the pipe, none have ever, or ever will again (I'm beginning to realize) be like these. God has given us a gift.
ReplyDeletep.s. I've thought about the reunions when the kids all go off to the bowling alley or something and we stay behind and talk about our bothersome gray hairs and hot flashes while our husbands play Risk. So many rich and wonderful years ahead!