Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Adventures of Samuel- the two-year old and his mommy

This morning as I got out of the shower Samuel was playing hide and seek. It is a new game, one that we LOVE to play with brother, but since Benjamin has started kindergarten, we have been a little bit lonely and needing a bit more attention. I came out of the bathroom and saw this, and proceeded to walk around the house looking for him. When I did find him, it was laughter and joy abounding! He even managed to stay "hidden" until I came and got him. What fun!




After that I went into the kitchen to unload the dishwasher. I was blessed and amazed at the love of the Jesus shown me last night. We had dinner with some dear friends from Kentucky who were in town and sadly I had to leave early to meet with a new friend. In the process, Suzanne loaded the dishwasher for me. When I opened it up this morning, this is what I found. And let me tell you, she is a pro. Do you see the utensils placed softly on top of the glasses, so they can get clean? Do you see the bowls arranged in just such a way that one more could fit in, but they still got clean? It is truly amazing, and I received the love of Jesus through such a simple act of servanthood. Thank you Suzanne, for such kindness. :)

1 comment: