Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fun at the house. . . on a Saturday Afternoon!

Hello friends. I thought this was such a true statement about what we are teaching our kids. We were out yesterday afternoon working in the yard. Most of the time, the Big Boy is working with his Daddy and the Little Boy and I are doing something more 2 year old appropriate. Nonetheless, yesterday afternoon, my sweet boys were outside having a blast- if a bit differently than usual!





Little Boy told me, "Mom, I need to fix my car. But look at my hands."

Mom proceeds to look at hands, noticing they are fairly clean and there is nothing in them.

Mom: "Your hands aren't dirty. You can fix your car, like daddy."

Little Boy: "But Mom look. There aren't any tools in my hands."

Ahhh. . . . of course. :)





While we were all working outside, I found Big Boy inside watching whatever commercial happened to be on TV. I quickly decided that we had to find something else to do. SO, in a stroke of genius (you know me), I gave him some small hand pruning shears. He took to my brown-eyed susans and purple coneflowers like they were the enemy himself.

"Look MOM! I am zooming their heads off! Cool!"

Mom: "Can you stop for a minute to give me a cheese?"

That is what I got.

Goodbye.

4 comments:

  1. I miss those boys!

    And those parents. :) Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious!!

    I don't think I can wait to see ALL of ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love you guys. It will be so good to see you this summer. (Daniel)

    ReplyDelete