Sunday, January 17, 2010

the Hebrews and Haiti. . .

So, we went to church this morning and came home at 10:30 as usual. We are, by the way, those crazy people that I never thought I would be-- getting up to go to EARLY church! Oh well, sidenote. On the way home, the boys asked to watch a movie. As any mother fighting this battle knows, I didn't want to be the one to always say no, so I pawned the question off onto the husband. :) He simply asked, "What do you want to watch?" Really, honey? The two yesterday and the 4 the day before (post sickness) were not enough? Nonetheless, my boys know how to win their father over. "Prince of Egypt" they replied confidently. And we all know what happened next. . .

Chilren are sitting in the living room watching and I am sitting at the computer sending out an update from friends of ours who are in Haiti right now. It's pretty intense, but all the sudden I am in the middle of one of those moments. You know, when the Lord begins to speak through something really random and suddenly your heart is stirred to prayer and the tears are rolling, and your youngest is wondering--thoroughly confused- why his mama is crying?? Okay, so maybe just strange people like me have those moments, but one just hit me.

Cue movie, Moses questions the Lord and with resounding authority in His voice, the Lord says "I AM who I AM. This is what you say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you. Say to the Israelites, The Lord the God of your Fathers- the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob- has sent me to you. . . . I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you. . . And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery into. . . a land flowing with milk and honey." (Ex. 3:14-17) All the sudden, my heart is moved and the Lord is pressing on me to pray for the orphans of Haiti. That the Lord would bring them out of their misery, that he sees them in it. AND that He and only He, who put the mountains in their place and formed the earth, could do it. That He is the great I AM. And in all his grandeur and splendid authority, he sees the littlest and the smallest. He sees these children and longs for them to have mothers and fathers. To have families and brothers and sisters.


When the Lord brought about one miraculous event, when he moved a nation out of slavery, all Egypt watched. It will be a testimony to all the nations when He brings out of Haiti a nation of children without mothers and fathers. That the world will know, God cares for the little ones, He has risen from the dead in power and might, and He is coming again! And that like the ones saved from the wreckage, He will save us all and raise us from the dead in fullness on a restored and renewed planet for all eternity! Amen and Amen.

1 comment:

  1. 1. We are SOOO early church people.
    2. I'm a strange one right there with ya. :)
    3. AMEN AND AMEN!!!!! What a powerful connection the Lord made right there on your couch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete