Tuesday, March 30, 2010

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

So, here she is.  Little Bethany Joy.  As with any adoption, things can always change, but here we are and this time we think it will actually happen.  Here's the story. . .

Three weeks ago, on a Monday morning, I got up with John to see him off.  He was headed to the airport at 5am- he would spend the day in South Florida, and then head to Haiti the next day.  (without easy phone access)  He left early that morning, and early that afternoon I got a call from our dear friend and adoption consultant Tracie.  She said, "When exactly are you coming home from your trip this summer?"  Well, I said, "right now it looks like early July, but it's pretty flexible.  Why?"  

She said, "Can you come home early and be here for a baby due July 7?"   What????????

I QUICKLY said I had to call John- before he got to Haiti!  There were so many questions, so many thoughts all at the same time, I didn't know what to do with myself.  No word on the sex of the baby- only that the birth mother was from the Pacific island area and that this would probably be the first adoption to come through Hannah's Dream.  She was in KC on a student visa and was about 22 weeks along.  Well, I called John, we talked it through, and felt immediately that this was the right situation.  I called Tracie back, and said, "Let's go."

So, three weeks later, after John got back home, we went and signed all the papers.  We all decided that if the situation before was 95% risk (risk that the birth mother would change her mind) then this situation is like 1% risk.  Everything about this situation is different than before- the largest factor being that she is directly connected to the agency and the social worker.  They have a relationship- a friendship where the agency is now the support system for the birth mother.  It is such a cool situation.  I will tell more of the details later, but either way be praying for little Harrigan- growing and forming somewhere in the Kansas City area.  That the Lord would speak life over her heart- that she would know she was formed and made with a purpose, and that her forever family has been praying for and seeking after her for months!

We are praying for you and your birth mama in these next months- over and over, every day.  The Lord is mighty to save.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is so exciting! You have such a beautiful way of talking about your daughter. "Your forever family"-- I LOVE that! How amazing is it that she is being formed AS WE SPEAK somewhere in Kansas City?! I have goosebumps :) Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear this news and I look forward to hearing more! It's exciting to see how God is at work in all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so encouraged by your resilience and your confidence in your Father to step out boldly in faith. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YAY YAY!!!!! And an ultrasound picture to boot!!! WE LOVE YOU, BETHANY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome Lydia! Praying for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Will continue to pray for that Bethany Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! We can't wait to see this baby's story unfold.

    The Willcocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leave it to God to give ya'll a girl with a funky number due date! This is such great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay yay yay!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to teach your baby girl how to be a semi tomboy!!

    P.s. I might have shed a few tears when I saw her face...

    You are amazing, your babies are so lucky to have you as their momma. All of them, now and to come. Love you.

    ReplyDelete