Tuesday, June 22, 2010

She's coming!!

Hello friends!  Really quick update from Cairo- we got a call this morning from KC and our birth mom went into labor yesterday. 2 weeks early!!!  AHHHH!  We immediately called Delta, they graciously changed our tickets and didn't charge us the $1000 in change fees, and we are leaving here exactly 24 hours early.  That puts us in KC 30 hours earlier than expected and allows us to be there when they discharge Baby Bethany from the hospital.  As much as I wanted to be there the moment she was born, I know she is in the Lord's hands and there are precious ones there to hold her for me.  Nonetheless, we would covet your prayers!

1. Healthy baby and mama and safe delivery.
2. Flights that go as scheduled, little boys that make them well, and connections that are not missed!
3. Prayers for my parents and sister- as we were all going to fly back to the States together and now they are stuck in Cairo another day without us!  Only to fly home alone.  We love them dearly, but had to leave a day earlier. 

Thanks friends, I'll post pics as soon as I can get my hands on that sweet baby girl!!

3 comments:

  1. aww, are you adopting? I just recently started following your blog, so I'm not caught up on that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you!!! I am 40 weeks with baby girl #2 and know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new little one as much as I am. I've followed your journey for a while through Candace (and your blog) and will be praying for the safe arrival of this precious one. How exciting! :)

    ~Jennifer Powers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get the full story. Love you! (and that beautiful little girl)

    ReplyDelete