So, I desperately wanted to remember this event happening. It was one of the funnier moments in our house. This weekend my mom is coming up for a visit. ALWAYS a very exciting time in our house. Yesterday, I was asking her about sleeping arrangements, and the middle chief-having overheard, asked to talk to her. He wanted to make sure that she knew about the bed under his bed in his room. And that she was more than welcome to sleep in it.
As they talked a minute longer, I heard my mom say something about a secret. For me. Asking if Samuel could keep a secret. He looked straight at me and said, "Yes." He knew what a secret was and he knew how to keep it. She said something else to him and he whispered back (as I was sitting right next to him). Obviously, she couldn't hear on the other end of the line and kept asking him, and he kept answering-- without saying anything. So, I figured I better intervene and told him to go to the back of the house and then he could talk to her, since it was a secret and all. Where did he choose? Under the kitchen table, not 10 feet from me. Then he's still not talking to NaeNae, because he hasn't gotten himself situated under the table and she's still saying, "Are you there???" Finally, he started talking again, once it was clear. hahaha!
I laughed for a while and then realized how precious it was that he wanted to keep the secret from he. He is a wonderful, amazing little boy and I am blessed to have him. The Lord is good in all of his creations and I only get a little taste here, but I am ever grateful. If we only knew all the secrets that the Lord longs to tell us, that we would put our hope in the day when the relationship is fully restored and all things are made known! Praise the Lord!

So precious.
ReplyDeletePrecious indeed. What a sweet little guy.
ReplyDelete