Most of you know my second born's tendency to want to stay at home and close to familiarity. Well, this week he overcame some major fears and went to bible school. I am as proud as a mama can be and watched his heart learn and grow all week long. And watched my own do the same thing. I struggled and cried and laughed and felt incredibly insecure all at the same time. I saw a piece of my son's heart that I had been longing to understand. It was amazing. . . . and miserable all at the same time. However, tonight we went to an end of the week potluck where all the kids sang their songs for us. It was beautiful. And in the middle of it, the Lord spoke to my heart so clearly. These little ones that he has set in front of me for a season are only like this for moments. And soon they will be doing amazing things. Things that I can only imagine- I saw in my precious first-born one who loves rhythm, one who stands well behind others- supporting in strength and love.
And then I saw a blond head- praising the Lord with all his heart. One that would come forth in song, loudly for all to hear. With courage and might. Someday, there is a very real chance that one of these little boys will lead many to the heart of the Father- because tonight, as I watched them, I saw the heart of the Father. I saw a Father who created an earth for us to live on forever, a "big, big house" eternally. My heart was filled with the desire to rise up and praise him. . . "Let the glory of the Lord rise among us. . . . . oooohhh, oh ,oh LET IT RISE." I was moved to know Him better because of the words that came from the mouths of babes. Oh Lord, let it be that your songs would flow from the hearts of these two. (and maybe their sister as time rolls along...)
"We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands." Psalm 78:4-7 (underline mine)
This is awesome on so many levels. That middle born's heart, your momma-bear love, the worship, and the fact that it is totally encouraging me as I'm gearing up to teach four year olds next week at our VBS. I love it!!!! Thanks for sharing. I love you, my dear friend.
ReplyDeleteSweet babies (not so much babies anymore but I will always call them babies) : ) Good blog, good hearts, good word. Love you.
ReplyDelete