Tuesday, August 12, 2014

It's all in the details. . .

Well friends!  It is so close to time.  We have exactly 24 days and 8 hours until we leave.  Give or take a few minutes.  ;)  I have about 6 pages of lists. . . literally.  One for my packing, one for stuff that everyone needs, one for snacks, one for my oldest including what could go in his backpack, the next for my second born- including what he needs for school for three weeks.  The next list is the baby girl, including all her hair and bows and dresses and boots.  And complete with a backpack of fun for the airplane.  This morning I woke up at 6:30am trying to sort out which items should go into which suitcase.  And thinking about laundry.  Seriously!?!? 

I have another complete list of things that I need to take for Lily.  I have two different sized swim suits, and three different sizes of clothing.  I have a few pullups, a couple diapers, some snacks and food, jammies in three different sizes, and anything else!!

So, then I woke up this morning to a blog reminding me of a simple phrase.  "Wherever you are, be all there." A dear friend was commenting about how we can be amazing multi-taskers, and yet miss some of the most amazing moments.  I want to be all present.  I don't want to miss smiles and kisses and joy and tears and soccer in the backyard and cuddles first thing in the morning.  I want it all.  So, even though there are a million things to do, and even though I could continue in my craziness, I am going to choose to be where I am.  With the help and reminders from the Lord, I will walk these last few weeks peacefully.  At least keeping my crazy inside, and allowing my kiddos to enjoy every moment as well!  Thank you friend for the reminder.

(to see the original blog click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment