Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Preschool already?


So, if I could get my wonderful world of technology to do what it is supposed to do, (it worked!) I would show you a picture of my baby, the three-year old who went to preschool this week for the first time. I realized that I was one of those silly women who stood at the door and waved longingly to her eldest child as he crossed into another threshold. After a moment, I felt quite silly and tried to evaluate my emotions. I am not one to miss the time we spend together during the days. I still have him at home all day the other three days of the week. Besides, do you know how much one can get done in 5 hours with only one child? It was very productive. However, I did realize that my sadness comes in recognizing how big my sweet baby has gotten, what he can do for himself, who he can meet, and eventually the man of God that he will become. I know, he's only three and a long way from being a man. I guess this was just one step in the process (immediately after peeing and pooping on the potty). The process that the Lord uses to change our itty bitty boys into the men that he has made them to be. Won't it be a sight? Praise the Lord-

2 comments:

  1. He is so big! And so sweet! We love Benjamin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it, LOVE it. long anticipated and much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete