

I recently have been going through a bit of a dilemna with the Lord. I posted earlier about Lydia in Acts 16:14. She was a seller of purple, a worshipper of the Lord, and an insistent hostess who took care of people who preached the word. Anyway, as I have been seeking the Lord lately and his direction I have felt him calling my into a new kind of business. Now you must know, I am not a saleswoman. My brother, wonderful as he is, could sell a cross to an atheist. He's amazing a convincing people of things. I however, somehow missed that gift and for most of my life have been okay without it. This month things have changed. I have all of the sudden felt a push from the Lord to begin not one, but TWO network marketing businesses. You know the ones, where you have your friends over, guilt them into buying something that they really don't want and don't think they need, but feel obligated to buy since they came to the party and you are working so hard. Anyway, you can tell I haven't had such a great experience with it in my life.
"Lord, really? Are you sure that this is from you? It seems a bit crazy."
"Yes, my child. I want to give to my work on earth through you."
"Really?"
"Really. And if you are faithful in blessing those around you, I will bless you."
SO, here we are. This month I begin a quest to sell cosmetics (really good ones) and family tradition builders. I will bless the orphanage, the missionaries in east asia, the missionaries in Kansas City, and the poor all around me. Lord, help us all! Here we go. . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment