So, I am sure that you have heard the mother's version of Benjamin's name. Well, in case I haven't told you, way back when, before we even wanted to get pregnant, I was doing a bible study in Deuteronomy 33. The Lord spoke very clearly that "my first chidl would be named Benjamin, because he would know my love." Well, when we did get pregnant, I told John about this and, fortunately he trusted me enough to have very little say in our son's name. Nonetheless, the longer I am around worshippers I am convinced that true worshippers know the heart of the Father. If not, they have nothing to sing about. For we can know all kinds of other things about the Lord, but if we don't know his heart then we don't know him. All that to say, when Benjamin sings, my heart melts. When he plays drums, I can hear his rhythm (though still learning). And when I saw this the John filmed, my heart when straight to the word of the Lord.
"About Benjamin he (Moses) said, "Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders."" Deut. 33:12
This one's for you Anna Grace. . .and all your songs. :)
NO WAY!!! That was just pure awesomeness!!! LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete