
Okay, so it seems that I have gotten very good at posting about my children. But as I read and am inspired by my friends' Kayla and Candace's blogs, I began to realize that I might have something else going on in my life and heart besides my children, as lovely as they are. :) SO, here is my first attempt to process through the ups and downs of a life in God through my eyes, and not my child's.I spent the last year in a group called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) studying the book of Matthew. I had a really great experience this year, as always, though something interesting has caught my attention. One week, one day, they asked a question about Peter. In the book of Matthew, there a great many events involving Peter's life and I went back and listed them in the order they are recorded there. Now, I won't get into them all right now, after all, it's only part one and who knows how many there will be. But, I did find a certain camaraderie with Peter, the Rock. He's a man who often had to put his foot in his mouth. He stumbled grandly, but found himself in the midst of the Son's prayers. He was the rock on whom the church was built. So, here's my first experience with Peter.
Matthew 4:18-20- "As Jesus was walking beside the sea of Galilee he saw two brothers. Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. . . . . "Come. Follow me." Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him."
Okay, so I am no great theologian, but I love the interactions we see with Peter. First, he's a fisherman. Nothing so great, makes a good living, is responsible enough to maintain a boat, always eats his omega-3's. He's out doing the daily grind, and an apparent stranger comes up to him. He is so overwhelmed by the presence of the Godhead, that AT ONCE he leaves everything he knows to follow. How I long for that! I am sometimes too cautious or too spontaneous, neither of the time being as connected to the work of the Lord as I long to be. You know? I am making the pros and cons list in my head, I am checking to see if it is "wise," and most of the time I am fighting off this thing called fear that resides within us. Peter had none of the above. He connected with the God of the universe, he was aware of what was happening, and most wisely, jumped on for the ride. No hesitation, no questions, AT ONCE.
Lord, help me to move when you move and stay when you stay. No questions, no worries, just ultimately at peace in your place, as long as you are there.
Awesome post, friend! Oh that we would all move or stay with Him! Amen!
ReplyDeletewell said. all i got is an Amen!
ReplyDeletenice
ReplyDelete