When we got home I was reading 1 Thessalonians and something stood out to me. It's such a small verse, one that I must have overlooked all this time, but is says this: "The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." The one who calls me to motherhood is faithful to lead me through it, despite all my paranoias and fear of failure. The one who led us to this ministry and this house IS faithful, and he will provide for it. What simplicity, we so often forget it, but it is truth in the heart of the Father. If he is not faithful, then he is a liar. And if a liar, how can he be a Savior? I have spent the last four years learning the faithfulness of the Lord, and yet on days like today, it seems I still have a long way to go. Thank you Lord for such subtle and yet huge reminders in the lives of our children. May you continue to teach me about yourself through them. Thank you-
Living life with this little family, learning how to love God wholly, love people fully, leaning on the cross completely, while awaiting His return.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Samuel and the Faithful God
When we got home I was reading 1 Thessalonians and something stood out to me. It's such a small verse, one that I must have overlooked all this time, but is says this: "The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." The one who calls me to motherhood is faithful to lead me through it, despite all my paranoias and fear of failure. The one who led us to this ministry and this house IS faithful, and he will provide for it. What simplicity, we so often forget it, but it is truth in the heart of the Father. If he is not faithful, then he is a liar. And if a liar, how can he be a Savior? I have spent the last four years learning the faithfulness of the Lord, and yet on days like today, it seems I still have a long way to go. Thank you Lord for such subtle and yet huge reminders in the lives of our children. May you continue to teach me about yourself through them. Thank you-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful thoughts, friend.
ReplyDelete