Wednesday, October 29, 2008

He gives and he takes away. . .

I stole this blog title from my friend Kayla, and though her heart is much more understanding of this idea, I am learning it in my own little way. You see, over the last couple of months John and I have made some really good couple friends. I don't know about you all, but sometimes it is really hard to find friends where both sides of the couple REALLY get along. We have lots of people we love to be with individually, and some that may become couple friends. But the ones we had come to know recently have been called away. They are going to spend three months in North Carolina and then go to Egypt. There is a very real possibility that we will see them in the summer of 2010 when we head there ourselves, but until then . . . we pass them on knowing the Lord will love them more than we can, laugh with them just as much as we did, and care for them in all ways that we ever could have. Thank you Lord for your speaking and working in our lives. We know that you know so much more than we do and for that reason, we trust your call on all of our lives. Thanks for the journey . . . .

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for your heart and for your friends... love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how we know that sadness...
    We'll pray for comfort and for a continued heart connection with these friends- even despite the miles. You guys certainly are good at long distance relationships! :)
    Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, this made me boohoo! thanks, wonderful friend! i can't believe we got one good picture. i was sure they were all terrible! :)

    ReplyDelete