So, instead of moaning about all things that I can do nothing about, I am choosing to be grateful. And today it happens to be a couple of precious women. First, we went to Shrevepohrt last weekend and had a blast. As Sunday afternoon rolled around, we both lamented (Mama at TLLOM and I) about how our time was ending so quickly. You see, this precious woman and I became friends in KY. Even more so, she was the first real friend I made. Little did we know, it would last 2 moves, four more babies, and five years in another city. And for some reason, we felt like this trip could have lasted, and should have lasted, much longer. It's like our kiddos just got a little bit older, they slept a little bit longer, played a little bit better, and we laughed a little bit harder. We were so encouraged. Her heart is longing for encounter with the Lord daily, and the hunger that I see in her causes me to want more. She read the bible in 90 days people!!! If that doesn't stir you. . . . (i digress)
And so, with this, I shout out to my dear and precious friend, Candace. This is what I found on the kitchen counter at her house as we were trying to get out the door quickly and make the 10-hour drive in one day.
And so, with this, I shout out to my dear and precious friend, Candace. This is what I found on the kitchen counter at her house as we were trying to get out the door quickly and make the 10-hour drive in one day.
![]() |
| Coffee cups . . . . with a fresh pot behind them. |
![]() |
| Snack bags for my sweet boys. Filled with yummy, healthy treats to eat along the way. If you look closely, you can see that Samuel's bag has a lightening bolt on it with #95. Very appropriate, thanks Lightening McQueen. |
And this is my friend Jodi. She (and her husband) were the first people we met in Kansas City when we moved here. Her husband and mine were the only people in their FSM class who were married and parents (their oldest Aiden was only about 8 weeks along, in utero, and our oldest chief was only a year old, but that was a HUGE step ahead of the rest of the unmarried, 18-year olds!) The daddies were immediate friends, and Jodi and I had a wonderful time together. Since that first meeting, we have had 5 more babies (the two littlest were already in bed), grown together in the Lord, laughed, cried, cuddled new life in hospitals, and prayed together. This is an amazing woman of faith, and she inspires me in so many ways. She diligently and fully sets her heart before the Lord daily. She has strength in her heart and faith the fills a room. She is obedient to the spirit and tender before the Lord. She is Mary, at Jesus' feet. This past summer their family moved away for her husband to go to law school. And though we are thrilled for them, we also miss them terribly. She has come for a visit, and as I love to say, "Six little people with TWO mommies is way better than three little ones with one mommy."
(and no daddy)
![]() |
| Four little boys sitting on a couch reading. (Yes, mine do have cloths on, you just can't see them. I would never put a naked picture of my children on the internet.) |
I think what was striking me so clearly, is that both of these women were the first ones I met upon making a major transitions in my life. Both are dear friends. And both live too far away.
However, what the Lord has done in our midst is nothing short of precious. He has united our hearts and he sustains our friendships. I am honored to be surrounded by women who encourage, remember, serve, love, and cry with me. AND, at the end of it all, encourage my heart to love my Savior more. Thank you friends. It is precious.



How I love (and miss) you, dear friend!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to have such dear friends! And just so you know, your comment about never putting naked pictures of your kids on the internet made me laugh out loud...then Kaiya came to see what I was laughing at and she looked at the picture and asked, "They don't have clothes on?" Ha!
ReplyDelete