![]() |
| (and yes, we did get another snow. Samuel likes making really big balls out of snow!) |
2. At church this morning we talked about money- what it is, what we do with it, what the Lord says about it and I was so challenged and moved. I was struck by the amazingly unique position the Lord has put us in and with gratitude, was able to look at our own finances and receive the Lord's heart for our family. I don't know how to even say it well, but the pastor preached out of 2 Corinthinians 9:6-15. It's kind of a typical giving passage, but we were looking at how specifically, in verse 11 it says, "your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." And I am hit with the basic reality. . . . Everyone always asks us, "How do you support raise?? I could never do that. . . ." And this is it. The basic reality is that once we get over the fact that money is not ours, then we come to realize that giving and receiving of money brings glory to God. There are times when I get it stuck in my head that something I am doing is causing all of this to happen and then the Lord, ever so kindly, reminds me I have nothing to do with it. Amazingly, our bills will get paid, when I knew there wasn't enough money there, and I give "thanksgiving to God." We receive a check in the mail for John to travel to all kinds of places, and I give "thanksgiving to God." We raise an absurd amount of money to save the life of a little girl, and I "give thanksgiving to God." We give to others, out of love and obedience to a heavenly Father, and they "give thanksgiving to God." We position our lives in such a way, that the generosity and the humility of the gospel come together- often. I'm not saying it's all easy, or even exciting, but it is where we are and it is where we will stay until the Lord says otherwise. We are filled daily with "thanksgiving to God."3. The other amazing thing? At the end of that same passage, he says, "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" Thanks be to God for sending a savior to die on a cross that we might live. Thanks for a Spirit that reigns in us, that we might grow in mercy and grace, as we await His return. Praise be to God that we can travel to unseen parts of the world and share this gospel. Jesus is coming back to judge the living and the dead- and if you know him and love him, you will live forever with him. What Daddy Chief is doing right now is unbelievable- the truth that he is sharing, the gospel, is forever changing the people who encounter it. He is love gone forth, from this place, that the WORD may go forth. I am profoundly humbled that we can ride this life together- unified in marriage, united with others who long to be obedient to a loving father, submitted to a worthy God, forgiven by His Son, and filled with His spirit.
Can you tell?? I'm pretty grateful for today.

hmmm... good thoughts sister.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm proud of you for processing as you blog! Or did you call someone first? : )
Great thoughts, sister!!! Love you!
ReplyDeletewise words, Lydia! Glad to have read them!!
ReplyDelete