So, it seems we have probably found the next Harrigan! The Lord began speaking to us a couple years ago about our daughter in China. We didn't know much, but we started working. We are thrilled to introduce her and share a bit more of her story.
She will be two years old in May, and she was born with a cleft palate and lip. Her lip has been repaired in China, and her palate will be repaired as soon as we get back.
When we were presented with her file, it was incredibly daunting. You read this patchy document, with all kinds of missing information. You pray unceasingly for 48 hours. You are incredibly, overly obsessed until the decision is made.
As we were praying one night, I had a picture in my mind of a massive swirling tornado. We kept reaching into the tornado and pulling out pieces of trash that, when we turn around transform into puzzle pieces that form this little face. It was as if there was swirling chaos on one side, and peace and calm on the other side. After asking a dear friend in China what her Chinese name meant- I about fell on the floor. The next morning I woke up to this email, "Now I CAN help you there: the name means calm and warm. Love y'all!" Calm and warm???? Really Lord?? Amazing. So, the decision seemed clear enough. And sometime in the next 4-6 months we head to China to get her! SO can't wait. Could have gone yesterday. But I know the Lord's timing is perfect.
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
"Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies." Romans 8:23

:) :) :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry I'm just now reading this. I've been a little behind on blog reading lately. But I am SO VERY EXCITED for you and I can't wait to shower all kinds of love on your precious Lily. And yes, the name and the picture God gave you go together in a way that only God can orchestrate. XOXO
ReplyDelete