Okay, so here we are at home, my two sweet boys and myself. I am getting ready for a meeting at the house this afternoon, picking up random items lying about the house so guests can walk through. I go to pick up the pea pod costume my youngest had worn on Halloween, and there was a sizable bug holding tightly to it. I decide I would learn from my dear husband, be humane, and take the LARGE bug outside to be free. However, as I got to the back deck and attempted to set the even LARGER bug free into the world it stubbornly held on to the pea pod. So, as any practical thinking person would do, I shook the costume lightly to convince the bug to let go. Convincing did not go as well as planned, so I then decided a firm yet quick shake was the only way. As gravity would allow, I looked down and the bug was no where on the costume. As I continued to look, the HUGE bug was also no where on the ground. Hmmm, one might ask, where then is the GIGANTIC bug? Upon further looking of the costume and the surrounding deck space, my rational brain convinced my emotional, beginning to panic, brain that the ever-increasingly large bug had somehow jumped off the costume, off the deck and somewhere into the grass where I just couldn't see it. :) I went back into the house and stopped to ask Benjamin if he saw a bug anywhere on me. He looked all over my front half and didn't see anything. I thought, is he saying that, or would he really tell me if there was one? I turned around and he exclaimed with joy, "There it is! Right there mommy, on your back!" As luck would have it, this absolutely HUGE bug had stuck himself to my back in such a way that all I could do was swipe at my back. It then proceeded to stick to my finger, only to be flung onto the wall. See above picture. As we were back into the house now, I had lost all sense of grace for this particularly large bug and decided that his time was up. After taking a pic, Benjamin took a shoe to the wall and the bug, laughed hysterically, and continued on his merry way. As funny as he thought it was, I was obviously traumatized and I thought you all should know about my lovely morning and the bug.
oh, and that wasn't jack. it was me, candace. just to clarify. :)
ReplyDeleteHilarious and such a Lydia moment. I don't know why, but I can totally envision the whole scene. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete