We had a visit from our grandparents this weekend! It is always one of the highlights of the month to get to see NaeNae and Papa on our own turf. Benjamin cannot get over showing off all his toys and for the first time, Samuel enjoyed someone besides Mommy! That's a bit dramatic, but for those of you who know my youngest, you will understand. Samuel had much fun with NaeNae and very little screaming was involved. I was proud (and asleep at the time). Nonetheless, it has of course gotten me to thinking. I have long treasured being raised in a believing home. I know that for many years, my parents prayed over me, my life, my husband, my, family, and most of all, my heart in the Lord. They sought to teach and guide me in kingdom principles, showing me that there is more to life than what I can see. That God is true in all circumstances, my own and ones far away and very different from my own. That worship is central to the heart of God and we encounter him with our hearts and voices on Sunday mornings, whether we always want to be there or not. I am so grateful for all of these. But as I sat and watched my children watch their Papa play and sing "Joy to the World" with them, all the lessons took on new meanings. When the Lord established families, he did so with more than one generation in mind. Though we laugh at it, NaeNae and Papa do more than spoil their grandsons. They impart to them and pray over them the realities of a God who loves them and wants to see them. They teach my sons about the light of the world. What more can a mother want?
Amen, friend. Thank you, Lord, for believing and praying grandparents!
ReplyDeleteLove that Nae Nae and Papa! :)
Candace
We did get pretty lucky!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait til this weekend!
Love you