Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Singing Sensation. . .

Okay, so we all know how much I long to brag on my children and here's another opportunity. I heard, before having children, that the Lord uses these little people to teach us about himself. I sometimes get so caught up in how to teach them about the Lord that I forget it goes the other way too. Last night was a mighty example. We either sing songs OR read a book before we go to bed, and last night Benjamin wanted to sing songs. Well, as with most things in life right now, he wanted to not follow the "rules" but do something out of the ordinary. He wanted to sing Christmas carols. After some persuasive talking, daddy and I decided that Christmas in the spring may not hurt anyone. Especially when one sings with such gusto. I have once again been reminded that sometimes the things that I think are important and necessary don't really matter. Before the Lord, it's the state of our heart that matters, and I think my little boy has it down. Thanks Benjamin for the reminder.


1 comment: