Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coffee? Oh yes, most definitely yes!



Hello to all my fellow coffee drinkers! I have just recently joined the world of coffee drinking. It is a bit entertaining, since my husband has been drinking it for years. We have long since known about the addiction to caffeine. Fayetteville High School so aptly introduced me to Mountain Dew that I was having one of those early on. Caffeine is another issue all together, and someday we may have to deal with that one as well. However, for quite some time I have been trying to lower the sugar content of my diet and I was trying to figure out how to take away sugar, still have caffeine, and not feel horrible in the mornings. Tea wasn't good enough, diet wasn't a choice (sorry mom and candace!), and I didn't think I liked coffee. So after a couple of $4 Starbocks numbers, I decided that it might not be that bad! My husband has taught me how to make my very own pot here at home, and though I do put a large amount of milk and sugar in it, my sugar totals have dropped dramatically. Amazingly enough, I am actually feeling much better all around. About a coke or two a week and I do great these days. SO, to all you coffee drinkers, thanks for letting me join the club. I love it and I'll probably be staying around for a while!

2 comments: