This week I was in the christian book store reading childrens' books about Christmas. I am a sucker when it comes to the story of Christmas. I want it in 10 different books with 10 different perspectives, and 10 different views (thought biblically correct is a must). We even have a WONDERFUL one from the perspective of Humphrey the Camel who brought the WiseMen. Anyway, I looked over and saw a "Value-Priced" sticker on a short little adult book by Max Lucado. And though I can't say he's the best ever, he does really well at presenting truth. I have never read anything by him that I think is misleading or false. So, I thought why not? I'll pick it up for a moment.Now, let's back track. I have spent the last two weeks seeking the Lord about the meaning of Christmas. I want an internal view of what happened. I have been praying that through ALL the words spoken by angels in such a short time, by Mary's prayer, or Zechariah's muteness, that the Lord would show me the emotion of heaven. The view from his heart about this massive part of the plan- the sending of God as a baby. Sometimes I think he must have lost his marbles- a baby???? But of course, I remember. He knows the whole plan. He knows the baby, he knows the adolescent, he knows the cross, he knows life, and he knows the return. He knows the judgement. He knows it all. SO, that being said, I wanted a glance into how he was feeling when this part started.
Back to the bookstore- I pick up this book because it's called "An Angel's Story, the First Christmas from Heaven's View." I couldn't believe it. Well, let me assure you. I started it in the store and had to put it down so my mascara wouldn't run. Really. I almost started weeping on the spot. Just to know the heart of heaven over the plan is so amazing. When God the Father is speaking to Gabriel he says the following, "The time has come for the second gift." As if he has been sitting up there waiting for the perfect time, knowing exactly when it would have to come, wanting to send it as soon as possible, but waiting until everything was exactly as it should be. And then, moments later Satan comes into the throne room and has a discussion with God the Father. After he leaves, God reminds Gabriel, "Satan desires to destroy the seed as much as you seek to deliver it. But fear not, I am with you." What a concept! We think of God coming to Earth as a baby, and all was a quiet, "Silent Night." And yet, there was probably real battle, real struggle. If the devil doesn't want my heart committed to the Lord, how much more does he not want the Son of God to dwell with men- SO that he can die for our sins and be raised from the dead that we would never die. What an amazing battle!
Nonetheless, this post has been a bit long, but I will come back to it sooner or later. Read the book, and pray with me that the Lord would show you in a new way the message of Christmas.
Sounds like I should check this one out. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read it. Seriously. As soon as I get a moment to get to the bookstore, it's on. I just hope that happens for me...
ReplyDelete