Well, today I had one of those moments. You know, when you are going along, everything is fine, and all of the sudden you see something and the memories are so full, and life is so dear that tears begin to fall. Today, we saw a butterfly on the front window. Benjamin thought it would be a great idea to get the magnifying glass that came from Gigi's house. (He has been wanting one for some time, so when I was going through the garage sale stuff and found one, I gave it to him.) They both (the butterfly and Benjamin) sat there for probably 5 minutes looking at each other.
I was reminded of my Gigi. She LOVED to look at all the things outside our home, from the flowers to the deer to the birds to the bugs. She would notice things outside and point them out to the boys. They would walk around outside together and notice things in nature and she would tell them about it. She would tell them about what kind of tree it was, and what kind of bugs there were. It was precious to me and to them. She would have loved watching Benjamin explore using something that came from her. Know she had played a role in the growth of his mind and heart. I learned many things from my grandmother, but today I am remembering her love for nature and her love for her Savior that shone forth when she loved my children. Thank you Jesus for such time with such a woman. Hope you guys are having a blast!

Oh, the waves of grief can be sometimes strong, but I'm glad there was sweetness in the moment. Love and comfort to you today, my sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteLove you. Praying for you.
ReplyDelete